If you’re in the market to buy a home anytime in the near future, I’ve got some great tips that will help you have a great experience:
1. Hire a real estate professional. I’ve been in the market for 30 years and things are always changing. Hiring a professional is important to keep you up to date with these changes and to have experience in dealing with issues that may come up during the process.
2. Know your price. Before you go out looking for a home, you need to know how much you can afford. This means that you’ll need to talk with a lender and get a pre-approval to know exactly what you can afford.
“Before you look for a home, you need to know how much you can afford.”
3. Find some perspective of where you want to be. Drive through some neighborhoods that are in the areas where you’re looking to move to in order to get a better idea of where you want to buy.
4. Know your preferences (wants vs. needs). Figure out what you need to have in a home and what you’d just like to have. How many bedrooms do you need? What kind of garage do you need? It’s important to make a distinction between the two.
5. Put it all in play and find your perfect home. You should be comfortable and knowledgeable about the market and what to expect in this area. Even if you’ve bought a home in the past, it’s important to know what’s going on in the Clarksville market right now.
If you have any questions for me or would like my help in your home search, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.